This information is valid as of 1.04.2020 as it is likely to change as the situation progresses, please check back regularly for updated information.
We would like to keep our customers up to date with how our company is responding to COVID 19 and in particular options surrounding rental bookings. This is an ever changing situation and as a result our position is being constantly reviewed and the information below is current as of 1st April 2020.
During the current period where extenuating circumstances exist, such as government-mandated restrictions on travel, quarantine, etc. we have made the following exceptions to our cancellation policy.
Australian Government direction
We will waive the normal cancellation fee whilst the Australian Government has an official travel warning or ban in place that prevents you from reaching your collection point on the first day/ date of rental.
What can you do if you are affected by a COVID 19 event?
Should your booking be affected by our cancellation policy there are 3 avenues to consider;
- Reschedule your booking
- Monitor relief packages being offered by your travel insurance provider
- Work with us to ensure all customers have access to their entitlements based on the company’s desire to deliver a sustainable outcome for everybody
During this period our administration staff are still on hand to assist you. Please be aware the team are currently experiencing a high level of telephone and email traffic, and therefore we apologise in advance if our response time is longer than what would normally be expected.
Reschedule your booking
When you are ready, your journey awaits………
Our current situation is not going to last forever, and things will return to normal, including road trip holidays. You are welcome to book for the same time next year or for different dates, duration or direction of travel.
Should you wish to Postpone your booking, 100% of any cancellation fee or deposit will be offset against future travel and we will reward your support with a further discount.
For many customers it will be more advantageous to reschedule a booking rather than to cancel the booking altogether.
We are offering the following incentives for all clients to reschedule their holiday
For rescheduled bookings made up until 30th June 2020 we will honor 2020/21 rental rates.
For rescheduled bookings made up until 30th June 2020 we will discount your rental rates by a further 5%
Generous redemption period
Customers will have 24 months to redeem their postponed booking.
Credit Note issued
Should you not have new dates in mind, the company will issue a Credit Note preserving the value of your booking for a later date. Our team will be in regular contact with you to help you arrange your trip.
Rescheduling will ensure that preferred dates and direction of travel are secured for the customer. As we are offering an incentive to reschedule rather than cancel, we anticipate 2021 fleet capacity will be taken up earlier than normal booking trends.
Get in early….
Product changes permitted
You are welcome to change your selected product to any vehicle type offered by Crikey Campers or Red Dirt 4WD Rental.
Vehicle selection is naturally subject to availability.
No cost changes
We do not charge fees should a booking need to be changed slightly after air travel is booked.
Changes are naturally subject to availability.
In some cases, your travel insurance provider may cover your cancellation costs.
It is becoming apparent that some providers, including those products offered by your Credit Card provider are altering their initial stance of “No cover” since Government travel restrictions have been imposed.
Contact your provider and stay abreast of their current claim payment policy.
Please contact our staff to obtain the necessary documentation to support your claim.
We are in this together
In cases where you are owed money by the company we ask you to work with us.
The unforeseeable and sudden nature of the events leading to a large number of booking cancellations over a short period of time will put significant pressure on the cash reserves of all tourism providers. We are affected by this scenario.
We ask you to work with us so we can address the scale of the company’s exposure and provide a sustainable payment plan to all those that qualify.
It will take the cooperation of all stakeholders to achieve this outcome.
As the effect of current events have not yet settled, please be aware that the company is not in the position to commit to a defined time frame at this point.
As we emerge from the current travel environment, you may wish to convert your cancellation request into a booking. In these circumstances you will be afforded the same postponement incentives as originally offered.
The company will be constantly monitoring official advice and work to maintain the health and safety of its clients and staff.
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in contact.
Regards, Andrew Woodcock
Director – Crikey Campers (WA) Pty Ltd